Meet Our Coaches
- Varsity Coach Huntington Town Team
- Head Coach Boys Varsity Lacrosse Huntington High School 2018- current
- Former Professional Lacrosse Player (Long Island Lizards/Hamilton Nationals) 2007-2016
- Hofstra 07' Co- Captain, CAA All-Tournament Team
Coach Julian Watts attended St. Anthony’s High School where he played and lettered in lacrosse, football and basketball. His senior year, he collected 42 ground balls and was also named an All-Conference Selection in lacrosse and an All-League selection in football. Watts chose to play lacrosse at the collegiate level after Hofstra University added him to their team in 2004.
While at Hofstra, Watts played in 60 games as a defender from 2004-2007, was named team captain his senior year, as well as to the CAA All-Tournament Team.
In 2007, after college, Julian was acquired by the New York LIzards and played in 20 games for them for five seasons. He scored three goals and collected 20 ground balls by the end of his career with the Lizards. After playing in MLL from 2007-2012. Watts entered the 2012 MLL Supplemental Draft and was drafted to Hamilton as the 13th round pick and 103rd Overall pick. He played in two games with the Nationals.
Julian has taken his love for the game and his experience over to Huntington High School where has become the Varsity head coach. He also works in the districts middle school as a teacher.
“Huntington has such a well established lacrosse community and I want to continue it’s winning tradition. My goal is to develop young men that will represent this program by their good character and work ethic. At the same time, reminding them they’re playing for the people who support us in this town, their love for the lacrosse and their teammates.”
- Varsity Coach Huntington Town Team
- Defensive Coordinator Boys Varsity Lacrosse Huntington H.S.
- Recon Lacrosse Coach 2010-current
- Head Varsity Coach at Roosevelt High School 2010-2017
- SUNY Plattsburgh Lacrosse 2008-2009
- Nassau Community College Lacrosse player 2006-2008
After graduating from Plainview High School in 2005, he played goalie for Varsity all four of his years. Andy continued to play lacrosse for Nassau Community College for two years. He then finished his college lacrosse career playing at Plattsburgh. Andy helped to start the lacrosse program at Roosevelt, where the program eventually grew to be a Varsity program. “I coached those kids from 3rd grade all the way up through High School.” Andy was the Varsity Head coach for 6 years until coming over to Huntington. Known as Coach Goots, Andy’s committed to building the Huntington program alongside Coach Watts.
“I’m honored to be apart of the Huntington program. Having available resources to put Huntington back on the map is exciting. Huntington is a great town with a great community and I am very proud to be a part of it all.”
- JV Coach Huntington Town Team
- JV Head Coach, Huntington High School 2003-Current
- SCLA JV Coach of the Year 2004, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Vikings Lacrosse 2000-2004
- CW Post Lacrosse player 1993-1994
- Huntington Blue Devil Lacrosse player 1988-1993
- League Champions 1992
- All League Honorable Mention 1993
“It gives me a great sense of pride and accomplishment to have been part of and continue to be a part of a long tradition of great Huntington Lacrosse. I have been very lucky to have been surrounded by an incredible level of lacrosse in Huntington as a youth and honored to be a part of helping it continue through coaching. Some of my finest moments as a coach were sharing in the excitement of the 2005 and 2006 State Championship teams and witnessing how much it meant to the players and community.”
- Assistant JV Coach Huntington Town Team
- Attackman, Wagner College
- 2 Time All Division Player, 2013 and 2014
- Coach, Recon Lacrosse 2014
- Coach, All Greys 2015-2018
Billy Martin is a graduate of Huntington High School’s class of 2014. He was a Varsity player all four of those years. He went on to play Division 1 Lacrosse at Wagner, where he played attack and midfield. Previously, Billy has coached with Recon lacrosse and All Greys lacrosse. He isthe current Assistant JV Coach for the Huntington Town team. Billy is very excited and honored to be back in Huntington to coach.
“I feel like it’s a great opportunity to give back to the High School and the sport that’s given me so much, as well as share my experiences with the players. I look forward to helping get Huntington back on top.”
Joshua Long aka "SCOOB"
- Midfielder at Farmingdale State University.
- Played football at SUNY Cortland.
- Assistant Varsity Football Coach Huntington HS.
Joshua Long was All-League his Senior Year at Huntington High School where he helped his team to the Suffolk County Championship Game. He was also an All-County Football Player at Huntington HS.
Garrett Moya is a Huntington Alumni. He played attack for Huntington HS and graduated in 2017. He currently plays Attack in Milwaukee for the Marquette Golden Eagles. He is studying advertising with a minor in marketing. "I am excited for the summer season and hope I could help grow the program for future generations!"